Wednesday 6 October 2010

Another holiday blogging break...

I've been very lax of late, largely because there's been very little going on in the world of Surrey cricket, and there were many more able and effective writers offering an opinion on the Andre Nel (get better Andre) saga.  And now I'm off on holiday for a fortnight, here's some things I hope will have happened when I return at the end of October:

  • Surrey finally tie up the signing of Will Porterfield, Anthony Ireland left Gloucester at the same time and Middlesex have nailed that one, so why haven't we tied down Porterfield?
  • We need a middle order batsman, and that isn't Kevin Pietersen, so I hope that gap is plugged.
  • Some sort of interesting rumour at least about our overseas signing, I can exclusively reveal that Gus Mackay revealed to me before he was unceremoniously dumped that it WON'T be Daniel Vettori, we've apparently tried and failed to sign him...damn it!
So that's not too much to ask is it?  I genuinely hope things do settle down at the club, the upheaval in the last few weeks, particularly the job losses, must have made for a very trying period.  If we are to succeed next year we need a harmonious atmosphere, and the preparation for that starts here (or at least when Rory gets back from captaining England...in the Hong Kong Sixes).

Bye for now!

No comments:

ShareThis